Existing Business Representative
Henrico County Economic Development Authority, Henrico County, Virginia
The Henrico County Economic Development Authority (EDA) is seeking a business professional to assist the EDA in its efforts to plan, organize, and execute business retention and expansion activities that encourage job creation and capital investment. This requires strong relationship building and project management skills to engage with existing companies and manage business expansion projects. The successful candidate must possess basic marketing, problem-solving, and research skills, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written form, the ability to perform job functions independently, a working knowledge of commercial and industrial real estate, the capacity to understand quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments, the skills to interpret corporate reports and financial data, and the ability to work well within a small team structure.
Job duties will include the following:
· Set appointments and call on existing companies to determine needs and opportunities; follow up in a timely manner with information
· Once identified, manage business expansion projects by providing guidance and assistance on a wide array of information including taxes, infrastructure, operating costs, labor force, etc.
· Coordinate with state, regional, and local agencies as needed to meet business needs
· Work with Henrico Business First program
· Perform research on companies, labor markets, local statistics, etc. as directed, primarily through digital means
· Coordinate special existing business events, dinners, etc. as needed
· File/record management, electronic and hard copy; enter company and project information into SalesForce CRM database; set up and maintain hard files
· Prepare reports as necessary from SalesForce
· Coordinate with the EDA marketing representative to perform website updates, social media outreach, and other electronic marketing related to existing business team needs
· Collect information and materials from the appropriate county departments, state agencies, local companies, insuring data on existing businesses is accurate and up to date
· Help prepare informational publications, marketing materials, e-newsletters, business directories, etc.
· GIS mapping skills a plus
· Perform other related work as assigned
· Four-year college degree with relevant business-related course work and two years’ experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is preferred
· Experience with database management. SalesForce experience a plus.
· Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly functioning team culture, can-do attitude, and the ability to self-start
Starting salary for the position is: $54,270.66
Deadline: March 2, 2018